Navy blue background has diamonds and starbursts. A spotlight icon shines on a circular image of Airianne Posey. A label read "In the spotlight." Below the label is the text "Airianne Posey."

by Melissa Marcus

As an advanced research assistant, Airianne Posey supports a wide variety of projects in the Center for Health Equity Research (CHER). Her skills range across projects and programs, and she even knows how to carry a tune. And even this is only a fraction of what Airianne Posey can do.

We reached out to her to learn more about the important work she does.

Tell us about your role at CHER. What’s your position and focus?

I am an Advanced Social/Clinical Research Assistant within the CHER Research Unit.

I do not have one particular focus, rather I work across multiple research projects and center programming.

Some of the projects I currently support include the NC Community Engagement Alliance (NC CEAL) project and CHER programming.

What do you like best about working at CHER?

What I like best about working at CHER is the people.

In my role, I have had the opportunity to work with multiple research teams, UNC centers and community partners.

Each opportunity has not only allowed me to meet new people, but also to learn, grow and expand my knowledge.

What’s the most important thing for people to understand about what you do?

The most important thing for people to understand about what I do is that I have a broad range to my role and responsibilities.

Each project or program is different and allows me to pull from a different skill set to contribute to the team.

What are some challenges you face?

Working across multiple projects and programs is a great experience, but it does have its challenges in balancing my time to ensure that I am able to meet all my commitments.

There are times when projects have competing needs and communication with the teams I work with is very important during those times.

What’s a fun fact about you?

A fun fact about me is that I taught myself to play guitar.