Navy blue background has diamonds and starbursts. A spotlight icon shines on a circular image of Alexy Hernandez. A label reads "In the spotlight." Below the label is the text "Alexy Hernandez."

Engagement is at the core of what we do at CHER. And that includes bringing in new team members with new experience and expertise.

Alexy Hernandez joins us with engagement at the core of her new role. And, when she’s not working toward better healthcare for all, she’s cheering on Tar Heels.

Look for her at the next game!

Get to know Alexy in this Q&A.

Tell us about your role at CHER. What’s your position and focus?

I am a Senior Clinical Research Coordinator at CHER and will be part of the Engagement Impact Teams for RADx-UP.

What was your path to CHER?

I graduated from UNC-Chapel Hill with a bachelor’s in psychology.

Previously, I was working as a Clinical Research Coordinator in the Department of Population Health Sciences at the Duke School of Medicine. During my time there, my research focus was qualitative interviewing diverse populations to create and/or evaluate patient-reported outcomes.

What Are your goals while at CHER?

My main goal while at CHER is to continue to advance research in the healthcare field.

I hope to create meaningful and lasting relationships with the people I work with and with the community.

I am also excited to continue to grow both professionally and personally in this new endeavor and hope to make a lasting impact at CHER.

What are some challenges you’ve faced in your field of work?

One of the biggest challenges I have faced is learning how to reach and communicate with vulnerable populations.

What’s a fun fact about you?

A fun fact about me is that I love sports, especially Carolina sports!

You can always catch at me at football, basketball and baseball games in Chapel Hill!