Doctors Meredith Newton, Yuri Sebastião, and Asha McClurg have been accepted into The Leadership in Academic Medicine Program (LAMP). This is one of the many programs and initiatives through the Faculty Affairs and Leadership Development at UNC School of Medicine.

According to the site, “LAMP has been designed to assist junior faculty at UNC within their first three years to build a sense of community, purpose, direction, and confidence so they may thrive in their career. LAMP will address the fundamentals of career planning and professional development while creating networking that will contribute to faculty success.”

Dr. Yuri Sebastião is looking forward to taking advantage of LAMP’s networking opportunities. “As a PhD epidemiologist, my professional background is different than most of my colleagues in the Division of Global Women’s Health and OBGYN department,” said Dr. Sebastião. “I am excited to use this platform to network, build a strong sense of community, and lead and support academic productivity among both my clinical and non-clinical colleagues.”

Dr. Asha McClurg appreciates the LAMP program for supporting her career advancement. “I’m beyond excited for the opportunity for junior faculty professional development to continue building a career in academic medicine and resident/fellow education at UNC,” said Dr. McClurg. “The commitment from the OBGYN department to encourage us to pursue these opportunities speaks volumes to the wonderful culture of support in our department.”